Saturday, 13 April 2013

Being Scared

So being the unsociable, awkward person that I am, I'm scared of people and it doesn't matter whether or not they're a close friend or some random guy walking past me. I'm one of those people who would rather sit at home and watch TV all day instead of going outside or going to a friend's house to party.
I usually go out to the cinema or shopping with friends once a month (twice if I really have to).

Now, most people may disagree since I'm always happy to talk to people around them but inside I'm really worried and scared that I may say something wrong. There's only about 5 people that I can really talk to out of all of my friends and they're the same people that I can be around and be myself. Most of the time I tend to put up a defensive front because I don't want to become an outcast and I am one of those people who hate questions - especially about my relationship and my friends. I don't know why but I'd rather have people know as little about me as possible.

This blog, this very page that you're scrolling through is probably the best way for me to talk to people in more than a few sentences and I'm not using this as an attempt to make new friends; it's just a way for me to vent and share my thoughts. I guess that this is a fear that can be easily overcome and this also doesn't mean that I'm scared of every human being on the planet. There are a few people that make me feel safe and secure and if I ever get a job, I know that approaching people is one of the main things I'm going to have to do and I will do it.

I know that I'm not the only who's like this - there are 7 billion people in this planet. There's bound to be someone else out there who's scared of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!