Wednesday, 10 April 2013

New Ideas

So I have a really big dream - to be a fashion designer. Ideally I want to have my own brand and, no, I don't want to become like Chanel or Dior. Those are the top players of this industry. I just want a simple little high street store that sells my designs and my products. To do this, I need a lot of ideas.

The world of fashion is so diverse these days that it's hard to find something that hasn't been done yet. You have to be innovative (well you have to be anyway) and make sure that your ideas will stand out. I do this through mood boards. I take pictures products already made from bags and shoes to the craziest pieces of couture I have ever seen. My mood boards are probably the most helpful things to me in achieving this dream. Seriously, I mean it and you want to know why? Because I happen to belong in one of the most stereotypical Asian families in the world. My parents do pretty much anything they can to discourage me from living my dream. Sometimes they talk way too loudly on the phone to make sure I can hear everything they're saying - "it's a waste of time", "she won't make it", "she's better off being a professor".Yeah, my parents want me to be a mathematics professor, teaching at high schools and possibly universities. Now, this may not seem like such a high accomplishment for me to have but it's certainly looks better than my goal to be a designer. But that's not gonna stop me.

I have loads of sketches lying around my room, some date all the way back to 2007 (when I was 10). Those drawings aren't the best and most of them were taken off of catalogues I had lying around but I felt that this was a good start. It made me want to learn about fabrics and production and I even take a Textiles course at school and I do some extra stuff after school too. I really wish I could do my own projects such as making my own clothes and bags, but you already know that there's no way that's happening.

This also doesn't mean that I don't focus on my studies - I do. I spend as many hours as I can revising for the Summer exams and doing homework as well. I know that school will always come first in my life.

I just wish that I have more time for myself and the choice to things that I want to do. Both of my parents are so busy that I'm pretty much the parental authority of this house. Whenever there's something wrong, my little siblings would rather tell me instead of my parents, even if they're just sitting next to each other.

Well, that's all for now and I really apologize for the long post and the amount of reading you had to do.

Also, it seems like I'm going to be posting every day until I get back to school on Monday so make sure to keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!