Thursday, 11 April 2013

Relationships

I have been dating my boyfriend for over a year now and it's been the best year of my life. But, it's also meant that some of my own friends like going to me for advice like I'm a wizard when it comes to love. That's not true - the only thing that I do when it comes to things like this is follow my heart.

A relationship is all about love and understanding but in this world, it's portrayed as mainly about sex and popularity. Trust is pretty much thrown out of the window as well. There are lots of people on this earth who think that the more people you get with, the better you are. I think pretty much the opposite. You see, when it comes to relationships, it should be taken seriously! No messing around with people's feelings and you should never push them into something that they don't want to do; some people do actually like to take it slow. Also, if you're not happy with your relationship then the best thing to do is to be honest and leave. It will hurt your partner's feelings - that's unavoidable (sorry). But, what you mustn't do is cheat because that'll just hurt them even more.

I have complete trust in my boyfriend and it's nice to know that he's there for me no matter what. I said that relationships are all about understanding and that's what keeps ours together. If you read my previous post then you know that my parents are quite strict in what I can and can't do. Well, being in a relationship is something that they prefer I don't do at least until I finish school but that's never stopped me ( I am such a rebel). I've known him since I was little and I was probably double his height back then and about 2 years ago puberty was nice to him and now he's taller than me. Yes, that is possible so if any short teen guys are reading this then don't worry, your time will come.

Anyway, this does mean that it's difficult for us to spend time together outside of school but we try our best. During school, we're inseperable and this does annoy everyone around us, especially our friends. But we don't really care to be honest. If we still can't get enough of each other after a year then I know that this relationship is going to last.

Now, being in a relationship is nice and all but you shouldn't make it your first priority in life. So many people these days complain about being single and it's really nothing to look down upon. You shouldn't push yourself to be a relationship because unexpected ones are so much better and you feel like you're in that relationship because you want to be and not because you have to be.

...and don't forget - if you're gonna be in a relationship or you're currently in one, love is the most important thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!