Saturday, 20 April 2013

Who Will Forget?

Yesterday, our whole year got our photos from photo day and I have never looked so bad in a picture. But, I think everyone complained about how they looked whilst complimenting everyone else. And let's not forget, no picture is ever complete without that one person, or in our case, five people with their eyes shut.

However, this did get me thinking - in about 10 or 20 years, who will actually remember each and every one of these people in the photo? We all make these promises to our friends that after we all go our separate ways we'll still keep in contact but who actually keeps those promises?

I'm going to try really hard to make sure I stay with as many friends as possible but this doesn't mean that I won't make any new ones. It's difficult to make sure that this will stay true though - I don't know how far they're going to be from me, how many times a year we'll get to talk or meet up, and I don't know their intentions. Do they even want to keep me as a friend?

Next year, most of us will be staying in our school for 6th Form but this doesn't necessarily mean that we'll all stay in our friendship groups. New people will be joining us and some people might like them better than others. I know that when I started my GCSEs, everyone got moved around so they're in the right classes so  all of the form groups we were in before that had to change. This meant that people didn't see each other as frequently (even though we were all still in the same school). The friends I had before this have all been replaced; all but 3 people are no longer with me. I don't talk to them anymore and it's like they don't exist but they are there.

I've made new friends and I've forgotten old friends. When I see them, it's like they're different people; they act differently; talk differently; dress differently. All because of a small change in the people they surround themselves with.

So, who's going to forget me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!