Thursday, 25 April 2013

Why Do People Care? I Don't

Now, before you stop reading, this isn't about people who care about the world and the environment etc. No, this is about the nosey people. The ones that just want to be in people's businesses whether they're allowed to be or not.

This doesn't mean that I've never been nosey; when something sounds intriguing to me, I definitely have to find out what it's all about. I just don't like it when people go out of there way to purposely find out information about people they don't even talk to. And, trust me, it's never the good kind of information. It's like saying to someone that you like the colour pink and then they pass it down to another person as "hey, did you hear? This person told me that every other colour in the world should exist except for pink."
... Okay, so that's probably an unlikely thing to pass onto someone but you get what I mean. I hope.

The nosey people don't listen. There's lots of misinterpretations and rumours start with the same story exaggerated or just completely changed so that it's nothing like the original - like a game of Chinese Whispers between partially deaf people. I really don't like it. Mainly because there are rumours that go around about my friends and I in school and we don't know where they're coming from. People see us together all happily getting along and yet there are people that walk up to us and ask us why this person and that person are fighting. Our reactions? "What? Since when?" Every single time.

I am completely oblivious to the information passed on around the school. I just don't want to get involved at all and it just makes life so difficult for everyone. I guess rumours can be a good thing because they can show what people really think of you. But, at the same time, it's frightening. You don't know how people view you or what they "know".

You think you know the truth but you don't. When you hear something about someone, make sure it's true and make sure they're fine with you telling other people.

Like I said, it's just a really bad game of Chinese Whispers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!