Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Hello Goodbyes (With A Lot Of Food)

So this morning I woke up pretty early (6:30am to be exact) and, usually, I wake up around 7am. I was tired and my eyes would not open but I managed to have breakfast and this was probably the first time I had breakfast in over two months. After that, it was the usual routine; got dressed, brushed my teeth and grabbed an apple on the way out to eat whilst I walk to school.

Skipping forward to registration time (or in America: "Home Room".. I think) and we were welcomed with a box full of donuts and other pastries in the middle of the room. Our form tutor (who is probably the best form tutor ever) decided to start our farewells and our day with a nice breakfast. I was so full by the time I got to my form room that I didn't even eat my apple yet. But, I managed to have two cinnamon rolls; they did look pretty tasty.

During break, I had my apple and it was delicious. It didn't fill me up that much - not that it needed to. I should probably mention at this stage that I usually don't eat anything until lunch. It's not that I'm obsessively conscious about what I eat, I just can't get myself to eat in the mornings. Anyway, by the time it was history, around 11:20am, our history teacher decided to celebrate our last ever History lesson with a pretend jaffa cake for each person. I say "pretend" - they were store brand cakes not actual Jaffa Cakes. By this point in the day I was really full and I know it sounds silly because they're just snacks and small things but it doesn't take a lot to fill up my stomach. Also, it was during this lesson that our teacher revealed she would be our Head of Year from September.

When it was lunch time there were no queues for hot dinners so one of my friends and I decided to take advantage and buy one for a change; usually I have a sandwich and a cookie. Like I said, it doesn't take a lot to fill me up. We had sausages, mashed potatoes and corn with gravy. The whole plate was scrumptious and so was the dessert.

I didn't mind this change of routine however, I did mind that I had way too much food for my stomach to cope with and the problems started to show from the point that I started walking home. I tried to hide it and did it quite well; I was developing a stomach ache. By the time I got home, I was met with a chocolate cake and, trust me, I could not resist! This was a cake covered in melted chocolate and it was dripping down the sides. By this point, all the pains were much worse but I managed to eat a slice.

Now, I'm sitting here with a stomache ache and an empty plate next to me as well as my revision books (obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!