Friday, 24 May 2013

I Stepped In A Puddle

This is probably not the first time you've heard this (especially if you're a Brit) but the weather is so irrational and mean. Very mean. Let's start with this this morning. I woke up to find that there's been an earthquake in Russia. The BBC news said that "fortunately, it was in a place that isn't very populated" or something like that. However, I don't think it matters that there weren't that many people. They were still startled and some are probably in shock.

Around 11am I started to get ready for work and the rain just poured and poured. An hour later, just before reaching the door of the shop, I was already drenched. My dad decided it would be better to drive me to work since there was no way I was getting the bus during the heavy rain. The walk from the car to the shop was a mere 5 metres, maybe 6 but that doesn't matter. I was still very soaked. But, once I was inside, I felt like I could finally breathe. It was calm; there weren't that many customers. I could get on with work straight away and meet some new people since I usually work on a Saturday morning. I felt like I was safe again - at least for the next 3 and a half hours.

Once I finished work, I had to brave the rain which got even worse. When I got outside, my dad's car wasn't parked there yet and I was screaming inside. I went to Greggs (that's a British bakery for those that don't know) and bought myself two glazed doughnuts. They had way too much sugar in them but I can't really complain since they were only 55p each and I ate them both. My dad's car still wasn't there when I got back so I took shelter under one of the buildings nearby. Frankly, I was kinda scared and I looked a bit like I was waiting for a date that would never arrive. This was also quite far from where I guessed my dad was going to park.

When I saw his car driving up I started to walk towards it (obviously) and I expected it to stop. But, he didn't. I'm guessing he didn't see me since he kept driving so I followed him. This meant going back out in the rain and, of course, I ran like my life depended on it. He stopped in one of the nearby carparks and he was probably going to call me to come over. He didn't know that I was already running but managed to notice me when I thought it was a brilliant idea to run across the parking spaces and not use the paths. I stepped into a really deep puddle just before I got to the car. My dad, being the man that he is, got really annoyed that I got the inside of his car dirty but I found it hard to care. I was more concerned about the fact that I nearly drowned in the rain - it was that bad!

Anyway, I hope the rest of you stay safe and have better luck than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!