Monday, 13 May 2013

Teachers

Okay, so I've pretty much had enough of teachers; not all of them but most of them.

Sometimes I feel that teachers forget who they're talking to. We're children, we make mistakes - a lot of them, and we forget. Our minds are distracted every few minutes so it's really hard to keep us on task sometimes. I know this and yet I do it. However, I don't think teachers realize that we're not going to be the perfect students. We're not robots or soldiers. We don't function with a built-in system of "Dos" and "Don'ts". I know it's frustrating. Sometimes I sit in class wanting to punch that certain person who's purposely distracting the whole class but other times, honestly, it's funny.

Teachers that are also parents understand. I can see this in their faces. They want to laugh and they want to shout. They know what kids are like and yet they decide to work with them for a living. I feel that I can co-operate better when my teacher is also a parent. This doesn't make them better or nicer but it does make them more understanding and more approachable. Alternatively, when the teacher isn't a parent but acknowledges that they were once in our position, it does also make me more comfortable to be around them.

We're under a lot of pressure. We're expected to act like adults but are treated like little children. We're given boundaries in life.

But, do you know what I hate the most? Those teachers that wait. They just stand there, monitoring the class like a security camera just waiting for someone to do something wrong. As soon as something happens, they're straight in there with the shouting and the warnings. It's like they practice at home.

Moreover, another thing I hate (not to the same degree) are the teachers that are lazy. They give you a worksheet and expect you to do it with absolutely no guidance or don't care if you don't do any work at all. Most students take advantage of this kind of teacher - even me - and do absolutely no work whatsoever for the whole 1 hour and 30 minutes I'm in that classroom. It's so much fun but it does have an effect in the long run especially during revision. I've felt it. The stress as you try to recall the memories of that day hoping you remember even just one fact that you may have seen or heard. You sit there, looking at a blank page in your notebook with a small doodle in the corner  thinking "Why? Why did I do no work?"

Teachers need to learn too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!