Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Balance and Being Real

Firstly, I'd like to point out that I now have a Translate Bar on the right side of this blog page so, hopefully, people who can't really understand this like some of my Russian readers can read it easier. Okay, on with the actual blog post...

Most of the time I'm really stupid. Not comical or jokingly stupid but just genuinely stupid. There are times when I forget my name or times where I'll get so confused I just give up. This gives off the idea that I really am that unintelligent or that I'm faking it for the attention. I don't. I'm also pretty sure that I am not the only person that this has happened. There are billions of people on this planet so I can't be. In school, I do pretty well. I've achieved an "A" in all my subjects at some point (not boasting, just being factual) and I'm quite proud of that. At home, my genius shines through my drawings and designing but it's usually gone unnoticed. My parents like to focus on the negatives and would rather pay attention to things I do wrong in comparison to things I do right. There's a balance to everything I do. I don't plan on those things happening but I know that when something good happens, a bad thing follows after. The better the good thing, the worse the bad.

My point here is that everything has a balance and it's good to focus on the fact that reality contains both the positive and the negative. You can't just have one. There are days when you feel like a genius and days when you feel like every single word you say is wrong. I'm not saying that everyone should be pessimistic - just be realistic. Everyone has their goals in life and it's nice to have one but you can't forget about the drawbacks it might bring. One good example would be those people who wish to set up their own businesses one day. It's a nice thing to look forward to and try to achieve but you can't forget things like the costs, the time spent maintaining it and managing it and the fact that, if the business fails, your possessions may be repossessed to cover the costs. I learnt that in a Business Studies lesson.

It's good to remind yourself that achieving a goal is harder than you think but it's definitely worth the effort.

*Just a little bonus content - I had an English Language exam today with the theme being Food. I have never been so hungry in my life. I skipped breakfast because I was already late and the exam lasted for two hours. It involved describing the best meal you've had which I made up then exaggerated thanks to my stomach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!