Friday, 14 June 2013

Not For Me

We all have things that we like and don't like about people - they're different for each of us. Sometimes, our "turn-off" about someone could be something that another person actually really likes about people. I thought I would use today's blog post to tell you about my "turn-offs" with people. Some of them are silly but that's just me.

  1. Volume - I am a loud person sometimes and my friends are quite loud when they want to be too. However, I can't stand it when someone is just so astonishingly noisy. I prefer quiet times to the loud ones which is why I like going for walks and being in my room rather than downstairs with my siblings. There are moments where being loud is acceptable like when you're in a theme park, fairground or concert. I also tend to play my music quite loudly wherever I am but you can't play metal or rock songs quietly! Also, it's not just the volume of people's voices that annoy me but they're movements as well. People who wear chains or shuffle their feet when walking are people that I'd rather stay away from as well as people that shout across roads and buildings to get the attention of people. It makes me feel embarrassed to be with them. I don't want another 20 pairs of eyes looking at me. If I see someone that's quite far away but close enough to get to, I will run to them.
  2. Make up - I am friends with people that wear little to no make up. If they do wear make up, they know how to wear it so that it's not overdone. I like using make up for fun and to kill time but I never leave the house with nothing more than eyeliner and lipgloss on my face. I don't like seeing people who have a face that's only one shade of colour because of foundation. If you look in the mirror, you'll see that your face is a subtle blend of different tones - some people also have freckles that I find cute and I don't understand why you don't embrace those. Seeing people with a face that's too pale or too dark with cartoon-like eyebrows just makes me cringe.
  3. Looks over personality - people that choose friends through their looks and not their personality are people that I will not talk to. Ever. 
  4. Show offs - okay, I have to admit, I can be a show off - especially in school. Being above average academically is something that I am quite proud of and sometimes I feel that it's the only thing I have over other people. I don't mind when someone shows off their skills or talents because it's something to feel good about and it makes you stand out. However, taking it too far is what gets me. When I see someone dancing at school or singing in assembly, it's nice. I'd never be able to do that. But, if I get home and find 10 videos of the same person singing and then reposting them the next day for more people to see, I will get annoyed. I know that sites like Facebook and Twitter have encouraged people to seek for attention but you're not going to get it from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!