Thursday, 4 July 2013

15 Fashion Questions

I saw this on Amazing Alex's blog and thought I could give it a go.

1. What is your favourite style to wear?
My style is a quirky mix between Japanese Street Style and Rock. I find the two work well together and you can be as inventive and creative as you like with what you wear. It does mean that you stand out in a crowd so you have to make sure you the reaction you're going for is the one that you want. Everyone dresses how they do for a reason and if your reason is to blend in and avoid attention then don't go for this style.
Also, the look is a conversation starter. I'm not the most confident person with most people so my clothes give me something to talk about.

2. Who is your fashion role model?
Vivienne Westwood.
I want to be a designer so obviously my role model is going to be one too. Westwood is a British designer who's known for her punk-style clothing. Her "Anglomania" collection is something worth dying for.

3. What do you always have on?
A watch. I'll admit that I rarely ever wear one in the house but, whenever I go out, there will be one on my wrist. I have quite a few watches (most of them are purple) so there's usually one for an outfit that I'm wearing although I tend to rely on my phone to check the time...

4. What are your favourite jeans?
I'm not really a fan of jeans; I'm more comfortable in shorts. But, out of the TWO pairs of jeans that I have, my favourite has to be my skinny jeans. In comparison to my other pair, they're a lot more comfortable.

5. What are your favourite sunglasses?
Again, I'm not a fan of sunglasses but I do wear them when I really have to. My favourite pair would be the ones my friend, Carys, gave me. I have another pair from a brand called "Storm" which, if you know brands, is a luxury brand. However, those things just fall off my face which is hard to believe because I have a big head.

6. What are your favourite shoes?
My hi-tops.
 I have a purple and black pair from "Creative Recreation" and they go with any dark-coloured outfit that I wear. The soles of the shoes are pink which adds a nice contrast to the top and adds to my quirky look.
I also have a pair of black and white hi-tops from "Dunlop" and when you wear them, it's like you're walking on clouds.

7. Who influenced you to write about fashion?
Other fashion blogs that I've read. It's something that I'm passionate about so I thought I might as well join in.

8. What is your favourite store?
It was this store called "Pulp" which closed down a few months ago :-(. It's an alternative shop filled with band t-shirts,  punk clothing, emo clothing, and Abbey Dawn by Avril Lavigne. That was probably the best addition to the shop. The worst addition was the One Direction stand...
Also, they have an online shop too but I find it easier to buy things when the product is in front of me.

Now, I tend to shop at TopShop, H&M, New Look and charity shops - it's amazing what some people give away.

9. Who is your favourite fashion person on YouTube?
I don't really use YouTube for fashion videos. I watch things like catwalk shows but never to watch any specific channel.
I spend my time on there watching videos with "pewdiepie" or "nigahiga."

10. What is your favourite fabric?
Definitely denim - it's just a really diverse fabric that can be used for anything and, for an amateur designer like myself, that's pretty important.

11. Who is your favourite model?
The beauty that is Allison Harvard. Her eyes are the most gorgeous pair of eyes I have ever seen. She also has a cute personality and she looks almost too sweet to be a model but when you see her pictures, you just go "Whoa!"

12. If you had £5,000 to spend on any one item, what would it be?
That's a lot for just one item. I would spend that money on just sketch pads, rolls of fabric, thread and equipment to help me make my dream come true.

13. Heels or flats?
Flats. I find heels should only ever be worn on certain occasions like prom, weddings and parties. I really don't like seeing people wearing heels to go shopping or to go hang out with friends. It's unnecessary and you feet will be in so much pain after.

14. What purse do you currently use?
I'm not really a purse-person. If I don't have a lot on me, it'll all be in my pockets. If I have a bit more, I'll put everything into a bag.

15. Is fashion in your blood or jeans?
Fashion is in my jeans. My parents are both nurses and want me to do something along the lines of that as well. I've disagreed with them over a lot of things and I think they're starting to accept that there's no way I'm  going to pursue something that they want me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!