Sunday, 14 July 2013

That Bag Project - Part 1

I've officially started my bag project for the summer. It's nearly the end of July so I've got 6 weeks left for this which is still a pretty long time. Yesterday, I bought a pair of fabric shears, a yard of black gingham for my bag's lining and a yard of medium interfacing. I forgot to buy some lace for the front of my bag but I can do that at some point this week through eBay since I'm buying the hooks for the handles from eBay as well.

 I've cut out my pattern pieces using an old pattern for a dress that I made myself. It's marked every 2cm across and down the paper so it's really handy for making a rectangular bag. There was also a lot more paper than I expected so I still have quite a few pieces left over. All but one of the pattern pieces was made using one skirt piece from the dress. I don't need it ever again so it's better than buying a whole new sheet of pattern paper. This project really is reliable on things being recycled. Yay for the environment!


I made a dress a few years back for a Young Fashion Designers competition and I don't know where I've put it so I haven't seen it since the night of that competition. I think someone threw it away or stored it somewhere without telling me. It was a pretty terrible dress...

Anyway, the next thing I need to do now is to actually cut out the fabric pieces which should be done by the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!