Monday, 5 August 2013

A Day Out: MK Filipino Fiesta 2013

Yesterday, the family and I, along with some friends, went to Campbell Park in Milton Keynes for a barrio fiesta. It's pretty much a fair to celebrate Filipino culture with food stalls, merchandise and stalls with products from the Philippines.

We got there around 1pm but my friends didn't get there until around 4pm. But, that was alright since there were other people that I knew so I stuck around with them. As soon as we got there, I bought a halo-halo which was so nice!

Along the top of the park, there were the typical rides you find at any fair: the Ferris wheel and the dodgems. I didn't see that Ferris wheel move once. The dodgems, on the other hand, were pretty much always moving. We had a turn on their as well - I was in a car with one of my friends, my brother in another car with one of his friends and the rest of us filled another 3 cars. The whole thing was like war. We got bumped and pushed around a lot. I think everyone left the dodgems with some form of injury on them. I hurt my ankle.

After that, we walked around the park's stalls. There weren't as many as the years before - that goes for the amount of people too. I think it was the weather; it was really, really cloudy and there were little drizzles of rain. We sat near the front of the stage for a while then retreated to the spot my parents were in. They'd deserted it so we took over for a bit. A little while longer, my friends (the ones I was actually waiting for) arrived and we introduced them to the people that were already with us. We formed a pretty big group. My brother left with some of them after an hour to go on the dodgems again.

We sat on the grass in front of the stage for the rest of the day. I bought more halo-halos and ate them whilst watching the performance. Frankly, I was a little disappointed with the bands and the performances in general. There were barely any Filipino people and it felt more like a concert to promote the local bands. The people the were watching were also pretty unenthusiastic. If you're going to watch a band, you're going to have to clap and cheer - they were good bands! It was the right thing to do; you don't let them leave with silence.

We got bored of sitting on the grass after a while so we went for a walk around the hill. When we got back, they were doing a raffle and we wanted so bad to hear our parents' names get called out. Unfortunately, that didn't happen once. There was a roast pig to be won!

Overall, it was a good day. I spent some time with friends, had a laugh and relaxed. I just wish the weather was a bit better.

Outfit
Vest: Primark
Skirt: Next
Shoes: Primark
Bag: Claire's Accessories
Necklace: Present from a friend - It's a green stone on a gold chain
Watch: Select 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!