Monday, 26 August 2013

Perseverance

So I have a massive amount of work to do before I get back to school and sometimes I seriously feel like giving up. I have art work, design work, and English work which have to be done before September. I'm not going to lie and say that this is manageable. I wish it was. I know that there is going to be a big change in the amount of work I have to do in sixth form in comparison to the work I had to do for GCSEs.

On Saturday night, I had a migraine and I couldn't do anything the day after that which was really annoying. We were meant to go to Warwick castle for a day out as a family but my bad condition and the typical British weather meant that wasn't possible. I tried to do some of my design work which was cutting and sticking pictures onto a board like a five year old. I stuck on two pictures. TWO.

Anyway, today I am feeling a lot better and I am just taking a moment right now to chill out and make sure that I don't stress myself out so much. On Wednesday, I am finally going to go to an art gallery which means that I can complete my art homework, leaving me with English and Design to deal with.

I know that loads of people are starting to worry about going back to school and it's the same every year. You're another year older but people expect you to have matured to about five times your age. It is difficult and intimidating to think that you're one year closer to finishing school - especially when you're 16 like me. If you're making the transition from middle school to high school in America or Year 11 to Sixth form (Year 12) in England, just remember that you're not alone. There are thousands of people in the same position as you and it's like that everyone else is worrying about the same thing as you.

Don't give up so quickly; always persevere and try your best. The workload will change and it won't be easy but simply giving up won't get you anywhere. Good things come to those who work for it.

*"You're Next" - Book Update - page 125* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!