Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Appreciation

Sometimes, we forget that people have feelings. More importantly, we forget that people have negative feelings. Depression, neglect, simple sadness. They all exist yet no-one ever notices them until they're pointed out to us.

Have you noticed that people tend to put others down? We can't help it; it's in our systems. Everyone wants to be the best. We will look for flaws within other people or their work in order to build up our self-esteem.

We have to remember that even the smallest criticism can hit someone hard. Especially, when they're having a bad day and feel that nothing is going right for them. I know that I'm someone who does this. Either for a laugh or with seriousness, I have a tendency to accidentally, or purposely, insult someone. If they haven't done anything wrong that is obvious then I will find something. Whether it's with a person's clothing, work, or simply their greeting in the morning, I am someone who's more likely to say "Well that was an enthusiastic hello(!)" instead of saying "Hello, how are you?" and I'm more than sure that I'm not the only one.

It's time to show some appreciation, guys. We live in such a glum world. Everyone is a bit on the pessimistic side. We live on criticism and the constant need to make others pleased with what we do, make, say, and wear. Yet, we barely ever receive it.

I've set myself the goal of showing appreciation to someone at least twice a day. Not a lot, right? Overtime, it will grow, naturally. It doesn't take long to turn something into a habit. When was the last time you gave someone a compliment and how often would you do it?

I'd like to say that I am one of the nicest people on the planet. I'm not. I'm pretty mean and I have a habit of pointing out things that are wrong. I'd love to be nicer but my friends and I have bad habits in being rude to each other. Not seriously though, but it does translate as that with other people.

Be nice, guys!

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!