Thursday, 19 September 2013

Personal Progress

Yes, I should be doing homework. No, I won't do any of it today.

This week, I have been overwhelmed with work. Due dates for homework have gone from a week to until the next lesson - sometimes, that means the next day. This change or "transition" as the teachers like to call it, is actually pretty big. I know it sounds silly but they expect us to do at least 1 hour of homework per subject. That is going to take some getting used to. So far, I've managed pretty well. I currently have Art homework that's due this Monday; English homework - one due Monday, the other on Tuesday; and Statistics homework which I haven't started yet.

Personally, I'm doing alright. Not great but alright. I got a C for my Design summer homework which, believe it or not, I am quite proud of. Everyone else got Bs and all that but I didn't really do my best with that board. If you saw it then you'd know. I don't know what I got for my other pieces of work but I can tell you now that it won't be great.

I have talked to a couple of new people but I still prefer to talk to people I already know. It seems that all of the new guys in the year have formed their own friendships through being strangers to everyone else. I am still pretty socially awkward myself. But, in lessons, I am actually getting more and more confident. I talk more and I contribute to lessons more than I would have before the summer. I think it's because I'm always with my friends now and I can sit where I feel comfortable within lessons. In English, I sit in the back corner of the room surrounded by people I know; I sit right at the front in Statistics classes; in Maths lessons, I sit in the middle row next to one of my close friends; in Design lessons, we have a table to ourselves; and I sit in the middle of the room in Art. At first, I thought sitting at the front of classes would be weird and I always feel like everyone is staring at me but that's not the case. I'm with my friends and I actually feel quite relaxed sitting there. It also saves me from having to put my hand up and waiting since the teacher sits in front of me.

This is going to be a good year.

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!