Is anyone else tired of hearing this? I know I am so I thought I'd put this into a better perspective and hope that people realise how silly this statement actually is...
First of all, the world doesn't revolve around relationships. That is not the most important thing in the world. It's nice to be in one, I have to admit, but you shouldn't spend your life searching for someone who doesn't want to be found yet. When the time comes you will have your prince or princess.
Also, why don't we ever consider that the fact that a person is alone is because of them and not because of the people around them?
Let's do some maths:
Imagine you're about 25, single and not bisexual (so either heterosexual or homosexual). Also, to make things easier, let's assume that there is an equal number of men and womenon earth; the same number of people in each country; and the same amount of people within each age group. Those estimations shouldn't really be that far off from the real thing.
- There are about 7 billion people on earth. About 73% of that population is married so that leaves you with 1.89 billion people to choose from.
- Now, half that and you're left with the gender of people you're attracted to. That's 945 million people left for you to choose from.
- Split up the remaining amount of people into age groups: 0-10 years, 11-20 years etc. until you get to 71-80 years. That's 8 age groups. You're 25. That means you're likely to be attracted to people in the age group of 21-30 years old. That leaves you with 118,125,000 people to choose from.
- Now, there isn't a definite amount of countries that have been officially agreed on by the UN and all that but they all seem to have estimations around 200. So, if you were in any one country, it's likely that you're in the same one as one two-hundredth of the remaining number of people you could be with. That means you're now left with 590,625 people to choose from.
- Sounds a lot, right? About 1% of people are asexual. That now leaves you with 584,719 people to choose from.
- Now select your own preferences with your ideal partner (race, religious belief, hair colour, height etc.) and then take away people that are in relationships, people of a different sexual orientation and yourself from that number and the total is likely to decrease even more!
Please stop saying that statement now! PLEASE! It annoys me and my meticulous mind.
That's all for now. Stay beautiful x