Monday, 7 October 2013

Time Management

Okay, so I have a naturally good sense of time management (it's probably because of all of the watches I own...) and it does slightly terrify me. However, it is a really good skill to have and it's definitely one to hone. Time management is important - at school, work, at home, everywhere - and it's not something that should be overlooked and ignored. It's something that makes you employable (I don't have a job but that's not the point) and it really does help with your studies. If you have really good time management skills, you can do what I'm doing right now which is blogging or you can do what I'm going to do later which will be watching another 3 hours or so of Breaking Bad. I have no homework to do at the moment, although I am planning on redoing my English Literature work. Also, since my CV failed to save on Google Docs, I have to do that as well.

Anyway, the point here is that time management is an extremely useful thing. So, practice and get into the habit of time keeping and being organised. If you're currently in sixth form like me or university and high school, this is something you need to learn.

There are also little things you can do which helps with time management and just stuff that helps you become more efficient with your work. Do you want some tips? Yes? Okay:

  • Learn to touch type - work will be finished at a much faster rate.
  • Dedicate a subject to each of your study periods at school if you have any. All of my study periods at school are in the morning so I do homework from the day before.
  • Always do homework within the next two days from the day it was set - if it was set on Monday, do it before the end of Wednesday (unless it's a project-type homework).
  • Use a highlighter to colour code the importance of each homework.
  • Make a homework schedule - I have one taped to my wardrobe so I see it everyday.
  • Remind yourself that the less work you do, the less time you have for yourself.
  • Plan the day ahead - how much time will you get to do all of the work you have to?
I know I sound like a teacher and a parent but it is important to start being more responsible now rather than later. We can't take everything we have for granted and it's not like the good things we get are just handed to us. We have to work for them!

That's all for now. I apologize for sounding slightly patronizing as well... Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!