Saturday, 9 November 2013

A Knit Problem

It's Saturday and, as always, I spent my morning volunteering. I woke up TWO HOURS LATE! Oh my goodness, I woke up at 9am. That's the time I should be in the shop by...

Anyway, whilst I was in the shop, I did the usual - hanging up clothes, making sure everything's neat, watching the shop in case people steal things. Then, I remembered that we had a massive vase full of knitting needles. I taught myself how to knit a few days ago with my chopsticks (how Asian am I?) and I wanted to try and actually make something. Since I have no functioning sewing machine, this is the next best thing. It is just as time consuming as well. I looked through the vase and found a pair that has an 8mm diameter and one that has a 5mm diameter.

It's an upside down picture, sorry

After volunteering, I had some shopping to do. I bought some yarn to actually knit with and a birthday card for my friend. Then, I had to go to some more shops to buy some stuff my parents told me to buy. After 30 mins, I had my hands full with: 4 rolls of kitchen towels; a big pack (18 rolls) of toilet rolls; 1kg pack of sugar; a load of shampoos, soaps, and conditioners. I know now how it feels to walk around the town centre with a load of stuff. I don't know how people do it. The weight wasn't the problem but the amount of stuff was. I seriously can't wait for the day I get a car and a license.

I've already started knitting a scarf as well. I spent the whole of last night practising different stitches and I want to make something simple before the more difficult stuff. This is now my current mini-project. I'm still in the progress of making a plush doll as well. Without a sewing machine, it is taking me forever!

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!