Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Top Tips Tuesday #3

Fringes

Fringes are the most underestimated feature of hair. If you get your fringe cut incorrectly or you get the wrong kind for your face, you won't look as nice as you hoped. 

Fringes (or bangs) are there to highlight and hide certain parts of your face. 

To know which fringe is right for you, I suggest you do some research. The best help, for me, was Michelle Phan. Her website answers pretty much any fashion or beauty related problem and her website is the first thing I will go to.

Here is her advice on fringes: 



Anyway, the fringe you should have depends on your face shape. This is why some people can't pull off a full fringe across the forehead but some people look stunning with it. The amount of hair also accounts for this. 

I've had my share of fringe fails but now I know I look best with a side fringe. 

Also, if you're brave enough, cut your own fringe. You'll know what to do once it gets too long and you'll know what looks best. A hairdresser can't always do what you want. I cut my own fringe every now and then. Just make sure you don't accidentally snip your finger like I did...

I cut my fringe last night:




As you can see, my fringe is swept to the side and slants across the top of my eye. This hides the widest points of my face - I have a heart shaped face so the width between my cheeks is really wide. The fringe hides this a bit and makes my face look thinner.

I hope this was helpful. That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!