It's the end of term! Woohoo! No school until January 7th for me. It's five days from Christmas and the signs are all there so here are 20 ways I can tell it's nearly Christmas:
- The Coca Cola adverts are everywhere. There was even a Coca Cola truck at the shopping centre earlier. I was waiting for the bus near it so I don't actually know what was happening there.
- Most shops sell novelty items.
- They might even decorate their shop in red/green/gold/white/silver.
- Some shops have employees wearing red.
- Other shops have them wearing Santa hats.
- A few shops have them dressed as elves.
- The little present-wrapping stall is there at your shopping centre.
- Santa's grotto.
- A cinema boom. It happens every year but no one really takes notice. More movies are released during mid-November to the end of December as well as during the summer.
- Hot chocolate and coffee becomes the priority on your shopping list.
- Christmas jumpers everywhere.
- Fluffy socks everywhere.
- It's dark after 3pm.
- There's more shops/different shops at the shopping centre - every year, MenKind opens for a few months here and is then replaced by another shop after January. I love that shop so much. This year, they're selling "Ted" bears!
- You feel obligated to wear something knitted at all times.
- You feel obligated to spend time with people.
- There's a lot more chocolate in your house.
- Everyone wants it to snow!
- The radio plays nothing but "Last Christmas" every single time you turn it on.
- Michael Buble releases an album/song/song cover.
So, that was a quick little guide on how to tell it's nearly Christmas. The last point, by the way, is not an insult to Michael; I love his voice. It's soothing.
That's all for now. Stay beautiful x