Sunday, 8 December 2013

A Day Out: Clothes Show Live 2013

I went to the Clothes Show again!

Yesterday was my third time at the Clothes Show and I swear it just gets better every year. This year, there were loads more stalls so less space to move around. I did get shoved and thrown whilst in the crowds but I made it out alive!

I don't think I need to go on about the morning and all that so I'll summarize - I woke up about 10 minutes before I should have been at the train station. It took me 7 minutes to get changed. I managed to catch the train with my friends and did my make up on the train.

There was a lot going on in the Clothes Show: Catwalks; Meet and Greets with Celebrities; Makeovers; and Giveaways everywhere! I got my eyebrows done there and also got convinced into buying some eyebrow powder that I actually like so it's not all that bad.


We had about 7 hours to go around the stalls before the show and after 2 hours we only managed to go through one aisle of stalls. But, to be fair, we were in the vintage area and that's pretty much what my friends and I live on. When we got to the make-up area, I found a place to get my hair done. Since I woke up late, I wore a hat because my hair was such a mess.




We kind of gave up around 2pm since we were all tired and hungry - I had no more money by then so I had some food from my friends. My lunch consisted of a few crisps, some biscuits, a small can of diet coke that we got for free and some sweets. Healthy...

Whilst we were sitting around, I tweeted "Happy 25th Birthday @ClothesShow" and it made it onto their big screen of Tweets! I was so proud of that and it was there for at least 20 minutes (that's how long I spent staring at it before we got up and walked around some more) with some other tweets.


The actual show that we booked seats for was at 4.15pm. I took some pictures of the beginning but the bright lights made nothing visible on the stage. The show was amazing; there were dances, weird but awesome clothing, and muscly men in underwear. It was every girl's dream.




When we got back to the train station, there were loads of problems and we were there for an hour. We considered what we would do if we got stranded at one point. There were some issues back at the station at home so we had to wait a really long time for things to be cleared up. The train itself was packed! There was no space to move or breathe.
It took a while for the carriage we were on to clear out and one of us gave up and sat on the floor. There were still no seats but standing space decreased dramatically.

littlewelshgirlvlogs.blogspot.co.uk

7 Things I Got At The Clothes Show:
To go with my little December theme for this blog, here are 7 things I got from the Clothes Show (since it was on the 7th December):

  1. A 2D bag! These things are amazing and I've wanted one for so long! It's difficult to explain how they work but it's going to be my new school bag. I'm going to confuse so many people.
  2. A poster from the Coventry University stand. This is my second one from them and it currently holds a place on the side of my wardrobe.
  3. 3 pairs of tights - a black crocheted pair with roses patterned on then, a purple pair with red roses on them, and a pair that's black on the front and white on the back.
  4. A black and purple skull-patterned dress (I have an unhealthy obsession with skulls).
  5. A load of university prospectuses.
  6. Eyebrow powder.
  7. Goody bags! One of the goody bags I got was filled with loads of boxes. It's from "So...?" and here are the contents below:

A set of 3 deodorants
A set of 4 body fragrances
A set of 3 perfumes
A miscellaneous set with lip balm, perfume and body spray
Bath confetti
A toiletries bag
A can of dry shampoo
A big can of deodorant
A toothbrush
The Clothes Show is the best thing ever. I always try to save up as much as I can and everything is already pretty cheap there. Things that would usually cost around £50 will cost about £15 there. It's worth going to and I do recommend it! It changes slightly every year so it's not always the same.

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!