Sunday, 22 December 2013

Christmas Confessions

It's 3 days until Christmas! I thought it would be nice to share some things about my relationship with Christmas. This year will be my 17th (because I'm 17) so I've been through a lot.

I know it's the 22nd of December but I don't have that many confessions to make...

Anyway, let's get on with it:

  1. I have never owned a Christmas jumper. 
    1. That's right. Considering my first few Christmases were in the Philippines, I've never owned a Christmas jumper before and I don't have one for this year either. I might consider getting one next year.
  2. I hate mince pies.
    1. I don't know what it is about them but they make me feel sick. I don't mind people eating them around me but I don't want to eat one ever again.
  3. I have never had eggnog at Christmas.
    1. I assume that that's an American thing since I never really see it in shops or anything. But, I would like to try a glass one day.
  4. I have never had brussel sprouts during Christmas dinner.
    1. They're horrible. Why would you do that to yourself?
  5. I believed in Santa until I was around 12.
    1. I just wanted to meet him. That's all.
  6. I hate taking photos in front of my presents.
    1. Doing that makes me feel a bit conceited and selfish. I really don't like it when my parents tell us to stand/sit behind our presents for a photo. I try to avoid them as much as I can. I'd take a picture with the present they gave me but I won't with anyone else's.
  7. I'm usually the last one to wake up in the family.
    1. Everyone wakes up early on Christmas so they can open they're presents straight away. I would rather lie down in bed for an extra 2 hours and relish whatever warmth there is left under my duvet. It's cold during winter mornings and Christmas is no exception.
  8. I spend the whole day in my pyjamas. 
    1. From all of the people I know, I am one of the few that don't dress up for Christmas. I will sit on the sofa in my pyjamas for the whole day and watch films. If there is a party then I will dress up. If the party is at home then forget it; the people we invite are usually really close family friends and they know what I'm like already.
  9. I honestly think that the amount and the message on a Christmas card reflects how much you like the person you give it to. 
    1. I think really carefully about what I write in my Christmas cards. I don't like seeing them bare and empty. 
  10. I don't like Christmas pudding.
    1. Again, it tastes horrible.
  11. I can't eat Christmas turkey unless it's drowned in gravy.
    1. It's really dry!
  12. I always break out the Zumba DVDs after Christmas Day.
    1. I have to lose all of weight from the food somehow.
  13. I am one of those people that text "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to all of my friends.
    1. Every. Single. Year.
So, those are my Christmas confessions. You can probably relate to some of them. I've repeated some of these things so much that I consider them as my own Christmas traditions. Everyone has their own set of traditions. It may be eating a brussel sprout with their siblings to remind them of the horrid taste (one of my teachers does that) or it may be to wear a set of reindeer antlers during the day.

Whatever it is, I hope it makes your Christmas that little bit more fun!

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!