Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Top Tips Tuesday #8

It's the 10th!

So, it's getting colder. A lot colder. Our skin can only take so much - especially if you have sensitive skin like me. I've talked to friends, used the internet and information from the Clothes Show and I've come up with this post. So, without further ado, here are:

Ten Ways To Win The Winter Battle

  1. Wear sun cream often. I have a friend at school with exceptionally smooth skin and it's because she wears sun cream. It seems weird, I know, and I don't think I'll actually ever do this - I don't wear it during summer either - but it does help you to stay moisturised and protected. Just because we can't see the sun doesn't mean it's not there.
  2. Don't shower with really hot water. I know it might be difficult but try! Use warm water instead since hot water leaves you with really dry skin when you get out. 
  3. Put some moisturiser and lotion on after you've showered and before you go to sleep. If you've read my previous posts for Top Tips Tuesday, you'd know that I put Vaseline on my face occasionally because it helps your face to stay moisturised as you sleep. You wake up with baby soft skin!
  4. Ex-foliate your face. When your skin gets too dry, it gets flaky. That, with any clogged pores, is a recipe for disaster. You'll get spots and rashes so make sure you keep your face clean and fresh as much as you can.
  5. Always have some lip balm on you. Don't ever lick your lips; that makes them even dryer than they already are. I use a tinted lip balm so I get some colour on my lips as well.
  6. As well as lip balm, you should also have some hand moisturiser in your bag or pocket. Your hands are delicate and you can't forget about them. My hands crack when they get too dry and I get cuts as a result of it.
  7. Exercise. You don't have to go outside or to the gym. A simple 30 minute activity such as walking around the house or jumping jacks will help to improve your blood circulation. You don't have to do this all in one go -  two or three split sessions will do the trick. It's tempting to sit back and snuggle up during the cold days of winter but this is not the best way to go about keeping your skin healthy. Yes, you'll be warmer but your skin will suffer as a result.
  8. Drink lots of water. This won't help your skin but it will help your health and if you're fitter during the winter, you'll come out the other side ready for spring.
  9. Wear your winter clothes. Bare skin such as gloveless hands and scarfless necks give the cold places to attack. As well as damaging your skin, you will lose feeling in those body parts and your reaction times will decrease. If you have a touch phone, get some mittens that can open to reveal your fingertips so you can use it. Alternatively, wait until you're inside to use your phone.
  10. Wear socks to bed. Your feet may be tougher than most of your body but they still take damage. Keep them warm when you're sleeping and you'll improve the circulation around your legs as well. Better blood circulation = warmer body = better skin.
I hope this was helpful. I'm not saying that you should do EVERYTHING on this list - I'm not. Doing most of it, though, will help and it doesn't take long before you see the improvements.

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!