Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Top Tips Tuesday #9

Sorry, I've been gone for quite a while. My laptop and I have been having some issues but we've resolved them; we're back to being best friends again.

It's Tuesday! Time for another Top Tip. I'm going to have a break, today, from the December countdown I was doing. I don't really know how to put 17 into this post...

Here's a small tip on how to make your presents look nicer:

Okay, so if you have cheap wrapping paper like myself, here's a way to make your present look more presentable.

I have plain silver, gold and red wrapping paper from Tesco and a tartan roll from there as well.

I went overboard with the tartan...



Compared to those presents, my plain ones look really boring so I experimented and ended up with this:



It's pretty easy to do this and you lessen the amount of wrapping paper that goes to waste as well.


Cut out or use a piece of wrapping paper that's different to the one you wrapped your present in and fold the edges to make a neat strip of paper.

This is what the back looks like.
Fold in one edge of the strip.

Place your present on the strip. Make sure the front is on the table/bed/desk and the back is facing you.

Wrap the strip around the present - shorten it if you need to - and make sure the folded end ends up on top of the strip.

Tape the strip together then tape down the sides onto the present to hold it in place.
The strip can be wider/thinner and it doesn't have to be central.

I love wrapping presents and I take time to make sure they're really neat. 

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

1 comment:

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!