Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Hello 2014

It's the 1st January! Where did the time go?

I loved New Year's Eve. I spent it with my friends and family and we had an awesome time. The amount of food was ridiculous and I think I managed to eat my weight in desserts. I didn't get a midnight kiss, by the way. I wasn't with my boyfriend.We didn't get home until 4am and I just changed into my pyjamas and went to bed straight away.  Now, we're here! I woke up at around 3pm (about 30 minutes ago) and I've just made myself some oatmeal and set up all the work I have to do today; I really need to finish my Design coursework at least. My parents are still asleep though so I'm trying not to make too much noise with my sewing machine.

Anyway, it's now a New Year. Most people use this to start over - a new year, a new me. I don't. If it wasn't for all of the years I've already lived, I wouldn't be the person I am now. 2012 made me realise that, sometimes, you have to stand up for yourself; 2013 taught me that I need to face my fears in order to move forward in life. I don't know what 2014 will bring but I am excited to find out.

I don't have a New Year's resolution. I just want to keep going. I want to see where life takes me. I trust my choices and experiences. Sometimes they might not be the best ones but it just shows the person that I am. I don't feel like I need to wish for anything because, if I do, I'm going to force myself to make it happen. I'll take shortcuts and miss out on everything I shouldn't have along the way. I'm not trying to discourage people here. I'm just being honest. If you do have some New Year's resolutions then great! Take this year and make it yours!

I hope you all had a brilliant New Year's Eve. That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!