Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Top Tip Tuesday #11

Okay, this has been the best idea I've had for a while. About two weeks ago I made a playlist of songs on YouTube that I could play in the background whilst I'm doing school work in my room. The playlist is made up of songs that aren't that catchy and won't distract you. I've done so much work since then; these songs aren't on my phone and I listen to them solely when I'm working. Whenever I start to play any of the songs, I'm encouraged to work.

I think you should try it too - just get 20-30 songs that aren't on any other playlist you may have. It makes it easier for you to associate these songs with work alone. The songs I have are really random and they're ones that I wouldn't listen to normally. Most of the songs are also covers/originals from YouTube artists.

My Playlist:
(the songs are click-able)
Whenever I feel like doing work, I turn my laptop on and just have these songs playing on shuffle. I appreciate that this won't work for everyone but it's worth a shot, right?

The songs that I listen to normally are so different to the list above; my phone is filled with Iron Maiden and a bunch of other metal songs. The ones above are all very mainstream and are all pop songs. I do prefer covers to originals, though, and I don't know if you can tell but Lindsey Stirling's violin skills are amazing and I love her.

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!