Saturday, 29 March 2014

Scrap Art: Noticeboard

I figured out how to add photos!!

I hope this worked...

Anyway, I have loads of scrap fabric around so I went on Pinterest for some ideas for what to do with it all. One idea was to use the fabric and some cardboard to make a notice board. I thought this was a pretty good idea since I need one now to put my exam timetables and revision notes on.

I decided to make it by weaving strips of fabric together. It took longer than I anticipated but I got there eventually. I didn't want just a plain rectangular noticeboard. That's boring. I want one that's different and a bit abstract. By weaving the fabric, I can easily adjust the lengths to suit the cardboard frame which I still need to make.

Also it would look nice matching the boxes I made from woven magazine strips. Remember those? They haven't broken yet and they're really good for keeping your makeup together.
I made the strips different lengths too. I made quite a lot of them but I am slightly convinced that I haven't made enough...

I should be done within the next week. I still have revision and other things to do. I want to make sure I pass the year. There is no way that I am going to redo Year 12.

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!