Wednesday, 14 May 2014

A Day In The Life Of Me: Wide Feet

Background Story:
I had to sit two exams this morning. I got really tired and hungry and I didn't really eat anything until around 1pm. I went to the shopping centre to drop my CV at stores around there and I thought it would be a good idea to go to TK Maxx and have a look-see at the shoes since I have a gift card that I haven't used yet.

Point of blog post:
I have wide feet. I'm sure I'm not the only one but I have really wide feet. They're like a duck's feet. I saw this pair of shoes at TK Maxx that I had a genuine lust for. They looked awesome. I tried them on and they fit the length of my foot but not the width of my foot. They were a white pair of sandals with a black rubber wedge heel. They were amazing and I love wearing wedges...

I was walking around in the shoes and it felt pretty comfortable but at the same time I knew something was off. When I looked in the mirror, the sides of my feet were hanging out of the edges of the sandals like a foot version of a muffin top. It looked really weird but, from the side, you couldn't see it and I looked stunning. Okay, I am really, really upset right now. They were a pretty decent price as well!

After being saddened by my own feet and the thought that I probably threw away my English A-Level in that exam, I went to Starbucks and got myself a caramel frappucino and then 6 cookies from Millie's Cookies which doubled as comfort food and lunch. I put the cookies in my bag and walked with my Starbucks in my hand and my phone in the other. I was also dressed in a day dress and my very tall wedge heels from South. The only pair of heels that I have that can contain my feet. Anyway, I looked like a sophisticated lady as I was walking down the shopping centre and I felt like an adult. That feeling kind of left as soon as I started munching on my cookies.

LETTER TIME!

Dear Shoe Manufacturers everywhere,

Please, PLEASE make your shoes so that there is a wide-fit version for each pair. Seriously. If you don't have wide-feet you don't understand the struggle of not being able to wear nice sandals or heels. Unless shoes look really nice online, I tend not to buy from websites. I'd rather go into a shop and spend about 2 hours trying on different pairs. You can get a better feel for them and you can actually see how they look on you.

Yours sincerely,
That Purple Monster x

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!