Sunday, 25 May 2014

A Day Out: National Space Center

So we went to the National Space Center in Leicester yesterday.

I have to admit, the day was for the little ones. It's always for the little ones. My brother and I are at that awkward age where "family friendly" or "fun for all the family" doesn't actually include us. I know I wasn't the only one that was kind of bored at the space center yesterday. There were other people my age with their own families trailing behind on their phones. I was tempted to walk up to them so that I had someone to talk to.



The NSC is a pretty nice place and this is the second time we've gone. The first time was about 4ish years ago and I had fun, you know? There were little posters and stands all over the place. You could make things and there are little contraptions and activities everywhere. But now, the magic is kind of gone. My siblings are still young and they have all these questions that can be answered at the NSC about the planets and stars and astronauts. I don't have those interests anymore. All of my questions are answered so nothing really grabbed my attention.


This is a rocket that was placed  directly above the restaurant there. It blows fake smoke from the bottom periodically and it did entertain me for a while. The people eating under it were completely oblivious and had to move out of the way. That kept my interest for a while purely because it was a bit funny.

 We went to a planetorium show before we left and the girl sitting next to me looked even more bored and miserable that I did. The show was pretty good and I did enjoy it. It was narrated entirely by Rupert Grint which was cool; his voice is very soothing.

At the end of the day I learnt 2 things:

  1. You can't play tug of war in space - you'll just bash into each other.
  2. A Big Mac in the 1960's cost 20p.

I also took a selfie before we left:


That's all for now. Stay beautiful x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!