Sunday, 4 May 2014

Snickerdoodles!

I made snicker doodles!... Sort of...

I found a bunch of recipes on Pinterest (there's no lack of them there) and the majority of them were cookie recipes. I found one that claimed to be the "best snickerdoodle recipe" so I thought I'd give it a try. Last time I checked, snickerdoodles don't really have popularity in the UK and I've always wanted to try them since they're on TV a lot. I wasn't exactly sure of what to expect and I think I was way too cautious about the cookies. I intentionally left them in the oven for too long which resulted in them becoming really flat and they looked like any other cookie you'd have. I was disappointed but proud as well; I don't make things from scratch that much. I'm all about the packet cakes and ready-mades, guys.

The cookies did taste amazing, though, and at least I know what to do next time. I did 30 minutes of Zumba this morning but I'm pretty sure I gained every calorie plus more than I lost from those cookies. To be honest, if I didn't do any exercise I would be mega concerned right now.

This Pin was discovered by Marie-Claude Hodson. Discover (and save!) your own Pins on Pinterest.
Click the pic
This is the recipe that I used. My cookies looked nothing like them (you'd know if you saw them on Snapchat) and they were square as well!

So far, in my life, I have made shortbread, home-made pizza, cupcakes and cookies from scratch. Can I consider myself as a baker now?

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!