Monday, 26 May 2014

Summer Hair Don'ts

It's the summer (kind of) so I thought I'd write a hair related post. Why not?

So tomorrow is Tuesday and I will be posting a Summer Hair Styles post for Trendy Tuesday. Last week I did one on anklets.

Anyway, I thought a "Hair Don'ts" post would be ideal since the hot weather does affect our heads and bodies as much as the cold does. If you have thick hair like I do then I think this will help quite a few people. I also like a pun so I took the opportunity...

  1. I wash my hair every day. When I'm feeling lazy then I would skip a day and use dry shampoo but I never take a break that's longer than that. However, I know that some people tend to wash their hair every 3 days or even once a week and use dry shampoo instead. That's fine but it's not ideal when the weather is really hot. Sweat and dry skin and things like that just stay on your head and it'll make your hair really greasy and dirty. You shouldn't really go more than 3 days without washing your hair during hot weather.
  2. Don't overstyle your hair if you're going to leave it down. Up-dos are more ideal for the summer because it takes your hair away from your face and neck so you can stay cooler. If you're going to leave your hair down, style it using non-heat methods or leave it as it is. This will give your hair a more natural look. Using straighteners and hair curlers makes the skin near it sweat as you're styling and it's gross. Your hair needs a rest; it's already getting beat up by the sun and your straighteners will not help. To be honest, when it's really hot I really can't bring myself to do things to my hair. It all just goes up into a bun or ponytail.
  3. Don't forget to use conditioner. It's important to keep your hair soft and hydrated during the summer!
  4. What you eat affects your hair. Yes, it's time for fast food, sodas and ice creams by the sea but you shouldn't forget to drink water and eat fruit. If you're going out then pack a box of sliced fruit to eat during the day - strawberries, kiwi slices and melon slices go really well together.
  5. Don't tie your hair up too tightly. This is something that I am guilty of doing quite a lot. I tie my hair back so tight that I can feel the pull of it on my head. That's bad and I realised that it was because I used thin hairbands a lot. Now, if you have thin hair then you should use a thin hairband; if you have thick hair then you should use a thick hairband. Use hair pins and hairspray to control fly-aways. My hair is so thick that it can break hairbands... If your hair is like that then use two hairbands together. That way, you have a back-up.
I hope this helped! Don't forget to come back tomorrow for my Trendy Tuesday post. That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!