Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Denim Jackets

Denim jackets are one of the fashion world's staples along with leggings, espadrilles and jeans. They never go out of date and, although the trend may fluctuate from time to time, it's still around somewhere.

maxi's and cropped jean jacket - one of my seniors NEEDS to wear something like this!

I'm actually not a great fan of denim jackets. I have one but I never wear it. I think they look really nice but they're not really something I feel comfortable in, mainly because movement is restricted and if you're like me, you tend to avoid clothes that make you look wider because of your figure. I have small boobs and wide hips so things like denim jackets, or anything that has no stretch around the body, tends to be loose around the top half of my torso and tight around the bottom half of my torso. Even though they're not for me, they still look really nice.

Denim jacket, cute dress, sunglasses and accessories #outfit

Lighter jackets go really nice with pastel colours and with brown or floral heels. Blondes are better off with pinks, creams and white shades whilst brunettes are better off with light-blue, greens, and browns. For a redhead, green is also ideal to contrast with the hair.

a denim jacket with a floral dress is the perfect spring outfit! Perfect for casual and a bit nicer occasions!

Summer outfit

Darker jackets are better for the bolder colours - brilliant red, dark blue and black. They look perfect matched with boots  Stripes are also nice with a dark jacket. Blondes should avoid a dark jacket since it might wash out their face and hair. Brunettes and redheads would look great in a dark jacket and would give them a bad-girl meets girl-next-door look.

An outfit by Miranda Kerr that I've actually worn myself.  It's a standard for me.  : )

red button up top, denim jacket, checked skirt, tights, and brown boots. Just maybe with a black blazer instead

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x



2 comments:

  1. I love denim jackets. They are perfect for any season. Definitely one of my favorite trends! Great post! x

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!