Monday, 9 June 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Bralets

I think bralets look really nice and all that but they're just not for me. To be able to pull one off, you have to have an amazing body which I don't have. I also think that they're a bit slutty... Not everyone can pull one off. I personally don't think anyone below the age of 16/17 should really be wearing one. Your boobs haven't even fully developed yet (I'm speaking to those 13 year olds that I see wearing them); there's no need for you to wear one. On the right person, in the right weather, they look really nice.

From Hostess with the Most Dress: What to Wear at Your Own Summer Party  Topshop frill crepe bralet, $72
High waisted shorts and bralet combo

Bralets have this nice vintage/retro look because they sort of resemble the top half of a halterneck rockabilly dress like the one below.
Love this! Salty and Pepper Dress, #ModCloth

With any sort of outfit, balance has to be present. Without it, the outfit doesn't work. For example, if you're wearing a baggy or loose top then you should wear tight bottoms; if you're wearing a patterned dress then you should wear plain shoes and socks or tights. With bralets, if you're going to wear one then the bottom half of your body should not be exposed as much as the top. 

Retro fabulous, high waist shorts, bralette top and a cardigan to tone down the the pin-up look when you want to be a little modest.

bralette + high-waisted skirt.

80's Purple Mirrored Aviators, Alexander Wang Silk Bralette, Zara Trousers, Tibi Heels

You have to have a certain amount of confidence with your body and yourself in order to wear a bralet confidentally. I don't have this confidence and my skin is not nice enough to put on show.

Some bralets are way too revealing but there are those that look similar to corset tops and are actually quite nice. 

Like I said, I don't think they should be worn by anyone younger than 16. It doesn't feel right or look right and you know that, at that age, they're just asking for attention. I know because I was 15 a couple of years ago. I dressed to impress as much as I could and I had an army of cropped shirts to help me. I still have those shirts but now I wear them with something underneath...

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!