Monday, 23 June 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Loom Bands

Do you remember scoobies? Those things started in the playground but then got insanely popular over time. The fad did die, though, and I feel that the same thing will happen with loom bands.

Loom bands are awesome because you can make your own ones. I have four bracelets already and the fad literally took off only a few days ago. I'm not sure what it's like in the rest of the world but here, in the UK, the bands are being worn by nearly everyone already; it's reached celebrity status, guys!

Triple fishtail Rainbow Loom bracelet

I am not brilliant at making bands; my skills don't go any further than the fishtail bracelet. It's really bad. My little siblings bought a bunch of loom bands over the last few days and they don't use them so I've taken them and that's what I've used to create my loom bracelets. 

They're really cheap to buy and you get more than enough.

Double Cross Fishtail

Loom bands are definitely a short-term fad but I could be wrong. It's hard to say but there's only so much you can do before you're bored with them. It's definitely a child's thing and I was actually surprised that it took over as a trend nationally. When I started to make my bracelets I had no idea how popular they were already - I thought that only a few people had them.

I can write with my left hand
My bands aren't amazing but I like wearing them. It's so easy to make loads of different designs and all that. You just need the patience to do it. It's a slow process but once you get the hang of it, you're okay. It's like knitting.

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

2 comments:

  1. My sister makes these bracelets. She has quite the collection. I find myself borrowing them every now and then. Great post! x

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are extremely funky >.< thanks x

      Delete

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!