Thursday, 10 July 2014

The Summer Tag

Hey! I was nominated by my friend across the sea - Guilianna Marie - to do this post so I'm just going to get on with it!

Summer and winter are probably my two favourite seasons. I don't like the other two because they're like transition periods between the seasons and the weather decides that it can do what it wants during those times. It's not fun. One day it's raining and the next it's like the Sahara desert has come to visit.

Question Time!

1. What is your favourite thing about summer?
My favourite thing about summer is a barbecue. I love barbecues. There's always food (duh!), music, and cold drinks around me and it's a really nice way to spend time with friends. Sitting there with a J2O in my hand and a pork kebab on the other with the sun blazing down on me with an occasional breeze... What more can you ask for?


2. Do you have a favourite summer drink?
Mocha or caramel frappuccinos! I usually get them from Starbucks but as long as I have one from somewhere I'm happy until that drink is gone.

Starbucks frappuccino

3. Is there a location you like to go each summer?
Not really. As long as there's a campsite or caravan site nearby with a sandy beach, a pool, mini golf, a pier and nice food, our family will go there at some point during the summer. Being inside a caravan is fun but, because it's such a small space, you're forced to be nearer to people. Everything is so close together.


4. Favourite look for the summer?
You can never go wrong with denim shorts in the summer. I like to wear my dark denim shorts with a loose top and either my canvas shoes or my sandal wedges quite a lot or, if I didn't feel like shaving my legs the night before, my maxi skirt with a crop top along with my sandal wedges as well. And, of course I have to wear one of my anklets!

shorts shorts shorts, summer summer summer :) I'm going to get the legs for these for this summer.
5. Dresses or skirts?
Oooh, that's a tough one. I don't really mind  but on certain days I'd rather wear my skater skirt rather than a dress. However, I really am a shorts-all-day-everyday kind of girl.


6. Sandals or ballet pumps?
I think we've established the answer to this in the fourth question.


7. Do you prefer to wear your hair up or down for the summer?
Lately, I've been wearing it up in a bun or ponytail more often. It's just easier to manage and it stops you from having a sweaty neck. My hair is ridiculously thick so, usually, I get it trimmed and thinned for the summer. I'm too lazy to go and get that done now and I don't trust hairdressers anymore. I manage my own hair now and I don't have thinning scissors nor would I be able to do it correctly if I did.


8. Deep smokey eyes or bold lips?
Neither. I tend to wear little to no make-up during the summer because I can usually feel it melt off my face during the day and it's not comfortable.


9. Favourite perfume for the summer?
My Red Delicious perfume from DKNY. I got it on my 16th birthday and there's still about half of the bottle left. It's a big bottle!


10. Last but not least, favourite music for the summer?
Okay, so my phone is a douchebag and refuses to play my music on it. Since I got it, I've been stuck with the radio. I haven't really listened to anything I usually listen to since then and my ears pretty much accept whatever noise they hear through the headphones. I listen to Radio 1 a LOT now just because it's hilarious!


TIME TO TAG!
CARYS! Get your butt on your blog. You haven't done anything in a long time so do this!

Anyone else who has read this is also tagged. 

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

1 comment:

  1. Love your responses. That Starbucks drink looks amazing! I could really go for some Starbucks right now. hahaha xx

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!