Monday, 4 August 2014

My Week At The Lake District 2014 Part 1

Hey! I was away in a caravan at the Lake District over the whole of last week so I apologise for the lack of blog posts. There was an extreme lack of WiFi; the only places I could get it was in the bar, at the owners' club and in the area where all of the caravan owners lived. I would park myself in one of those places for about 10-20 minutes just to catch up with whatever I've missed and any messages I have on Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat as well as checking all of my email accounts.

At the caravan site in Lakeland, there were so many Filipinos there that we managed to form a small community for the week. I made friends with a few of them that were about my age and we just spent the week together joking around. They had plastic bow and arrows so we would patrol the caravan site for any "dangers" (trees, signs and lamposts). We would also go down to the lake and skip stones - I am terrible at it - and dip our feet in the water. When I first saw the lake I was really disappointed. Why? Because the size of it was only about a third of what the map suggested. I felt like I got played a little bit.

Anyway, I don't really want to bore you more words so I did take loads of pictures during the week. I don't want to overload this post with images though so I've split the post up into parts.


 Before we got to the caravan site, we stopped at a Welcome Break by the motorway. I went to Starbucks (of course), ordered a frappe, waited and then laughed my butt off when I got the frappe... My name isn't "Pully", okay? I don't know why the guy at the till didn't just ask me to repeat it instead of making a guess. I don't know if he found it acceptable to do this because I'm Asian and it sounded "right" to them.



 The lake was really pretty but I just wished that it was as big as the map suggested. the map also showed two little beaches either side of it. Again, those were smalller in real life.


This is where I parked myself when I was using the WiFi. Loads of people did it.


Windermere Lake! We went there on Wednesday after doing nothing on the Tuesday. We rode motor boatds going across the lake.


 I had to take a selfie on the boat.



Other boats that we passed. We went from Windermere to Ambleside and had dinner there. The boat ride there wasn't really that interesting because I couldn't take any decent pictures. The ride back on one of the big motor boats was 10 times better.

That's all for part 1. Stay beautiful x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!