Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Coloured Eyeliner

Eyeliner is worn more and more nowadays in comparison to eyeshadow. In fact, you only ever see eyeshadow on someone when they're at work or at a special occasion. The thing with eyeshadow is that it's difficult to apply in a short amount of time; you have to make sure it's even, you've picked the right colours and that it's all blended properly. Eyeliner is so much easier to apply and you can still do quite a bit with it.

*Most of these photos are from Pinterest. This happens in every post but I feel that I should say this again. I don't own any of the high quality photos you see in this post. I wish I did but that involves having an expensive camera.

Color on black liquid and/or cream eyeliners

I am pro-eyeliner. You rarely ever see me wear eyeshadow. I don't think I've worn any since I was 14 and I always applied too much or not enough.

beautiful blue eyeshadow

Coloured eyeliner makes your eyes pop and I like that. It is important, though, to get the right colour that suits your complexion and your eye colour. I bought my first coloured eyeliner today. It's a double-ended pencil from Essence cosmetics. I wasn't completely sure if coloured eyeliner was something that was going to suit me but I was willing to give it a try. The eyeliner cost £1.50. It's really cheap. If, like me, you're not sure about coloured eyeliners, this is the best thing to do. Don't blow a lot of money on a brand like Rimmel London or Maybelline if you're not completely sure if it's something you're going to keep.

Click here for a much better photo on the original site
The eyeliner I bought is purple (obviously) and silver. The photo doesn't do it much justice thanks to my awful camera phone but it is really nice and it's definitely something I'm going to keep. Unfortunately, Rimmel London doesn't sell a purple eyeliner (I haven't seen one) but they do have a really nice teal one. 

Rainbow Bride | Offbeat Bride

Black eyeliner is still better in that it goes with everything but you need to be spontaneous every now and then, right?


Black + green eye liner


Moving on to something completely different now! I made these hairpin butterflies yesterday and I just wanted to share them with the Internet. I found a tutorial on Pinterest (where else would I be) since I have loads of scrap fabric and I was quite bored at the time.


That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!