Friday, 5 September 2014

I Have Art Things

Before you judge me, I don't know why I feel the need to put things I'm showing in front of my face, I just do. Deal with it.

A friend of mine went to Japan for the summer and bought me two Totoro sketchbooks! I started to have trouble sleeping during the summer and I was up at about 5am when he asked me if I wanted anything (thank you time differences). I didn't sleep at all that night. Anyway, the sketchbooks are actually a really good quality. I was quite surprised. It's rare to find a sketchbook that's decent where the cover isn't black. But, I guess it is Japan. It's all weird and interesting over there. 


I also got a set of Staedtler pens from Tyson Triplus on Facebook. That's right. The dog mascot! "He" held a Facebook competition to design your dream uniform. I didn't expect to end up as a finalist since my drawing took about 5-10 minutes to draw and colour - front and back view. It was pretty good, I have to admit, but the top ones were pretty awesome. I was, however, one of the first 100 to enter the competition so Tyson offered to send me some fibre-tip pens! Of course I took the offer. They are brilliant and so perfect since I do need them for school and my portfolios. 

There was a bit of fear in the back of my mind because Tyson Triplus was not verified on Facebook or Twitter (I don't know if he is now) so I legitimately thought that I had given my address away to a bunch of killers... That wasn't the case, though, thank the heavens! I got the pens about a week later.


Staedtler fineliners are a designer's best friend. They're so easy to colour with and to control. I'm more confident with these than I am with other pens. I think I just feel better knowing I have pens of a great quality when I'm working. 

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!