Sunday, 19 October 2014

A Day Out: I Drove A Car!

Blogger had a meltdown on my laptop yesterday and I couldn't get onto it to post this. Not my fault.

Being an almost-18 year old with no learner's permit saddens me whenever I think about it. I doubt I'll get one anytime soon...

Anyway, to overcome the sadness and the fact that I am not allowed in a car on a road, last year, for my 17th birthday, my parents bought me a driving lesson on what I thought was going to be a track. When I went there yesterday (yeah, I held the thing off for 11 months...) it turns out that the place is actually an old airfield and I was going to be driving around a massive space with no actual roads.


The place was in Upper Heyford. As well as having lessons for people like myself, the place also had driving experiences for people who wanted to drive around in supercars! My dad did this last year in Leicester and he loved it. This was probably the closest I was ever going to get to a Lamborghini and Ferrari...

The weather could have improved a little bit yesterday. Right now, it's pretty sunny outside. 

I did the lesson with two other guys: one was a 13 year old hell-bent on go-karting and driving fast; the other was a 17 year old guy who was actually pretty cool. When the littler one was driving, we were just in the back seats of the car chatting away. He was the first to drive and we were all taking turns so whenever his go was up, he would tell me what to do and give me tips for my go. 

I really liked driving and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be. It was a lot to remember at first but I managed to pick it up quite quickly. I didn't crash! Or knock down any of the cones they set up for us to drive through and around. My dad was filming me throughout the whole thing. It was so embarrassing when I realised and he did post it on Facebook...

This just made me more desperate to get a permit. My passport is currently in the process of being renewed and I have a job now which means I can pay for it!

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!