Monday, 20 October 2014

#TeenBlogSeries: My Fashion Icon

Vivienne Westwood. A crazy little ginger lady that I absolutely adore!

Vivienne Westwood by Tim Walker | Vogue, October 2009

My obsessions with Westwood and her collections probably started about 4 years ago(-ish) when I started to browse around for influences and designers. This was the time when I was absolutely set on having a career in the fashion industry. I'm applying to Fashion and Fashion Design courses at various universities this year and I really do hope that I get into one of them.

Vivienne Westwood - this look reminds me of Alice from alice in wonderland because alice speaks to wild flowers which are featured on this dress. The off the shoulder look also makes the overall outfit look like she has been walking around for a long time so the dress starts to fall.

Vivienne Westwood RTW Spring 2014 [Photo by Giovanni Giannoni]

Vivienne Westwood's designs are alternative and they don't really meet the expectations that you would have of other designers and companies like Armani and Dior - their haute couture collections, for example, are very glamorous whereas Westwood's ones are more artistic. I'm not saying other designers are generic, no way! They all have their styles and individuality. Westwood's is just the one that appeals to me the most.

Vivienne Westwood Red Label Spring 2014 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com

I don't hope to be as big as her one day. That's a really high goal to set myself. It's also not like me to go out there and be the centre of attention; I'd much rather work under a company rather than lead my own one. I'm creative, yes, but I'm not a leader. I can be one, though, when I have to be!

So, that's my fashion icon! Who's yours?

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!