Wednesday, 26 August 2015

My Head Is On Fire

I bleached my hair. Pfft. No big deal.

I tried to dye my hair purple twice but my hair was too dark. The only solution? Bleach. Argh, I know.

So I have a group chat with my friends and every now and then we just end up sending lines of GIFs back and forth. I sent one of a blonde Asian woman and jokingly said that I should go blonde. Enough encouragement was there for me to seriously think about it.

I started to look around for a decent box bleach purely because I'm too poor to afford a good bleach powder and developer separately. Initially, I was all for buying Live Color Max Blonde since I know that it is a strong brand and it did manage to dye my hair purple initially. It faded to red after a week though.


I went into Boots last Saturday before work and saw that the Live Color bleach was not allowed on previously dyed hair so I couldn't have it. I found Jerome Russell BBlonde (Yes, two Bs) next to it on the shelf. It's a bit more expensive but still looked pretty strong to battle my thick, dark, almost invincible hair.

The next day I went to my boyfriend's house and got the job done. At first, I was applying the bleach properly, using the brush to evenly distribute the bleach on my hair... And then I got impatient. About halfway through, when I was doing the back of my hair, with some help from my guy holding a mirror behind me, I started to just scoop the bleach into my hair. As a result, some parts got more bleach than others.


When I was checking on my hair, I kind of liked the colour it was midway through the development time. I sort of expected the uneven-ness because of what I did. I also got bored of waiting for all of it to reach blonde.

So now I have this cool, slightly weird fiery hair; a mixture of colour ranging from a burnt red to a bright blonde.

My head is figuratively on fire.


I like it! Some do, some don't - my family aren't fans except for my little sister. People at work like it, one of the guys pointing out that the colour "highlights my cheekbones."

I plan on keeping this for a while. My hair takes forever to grow so it'll be a while until my roots start to get too long. After that, who knows? I might go lighter or attempt to go to a purple shade. Third time lucky, maybe?

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x




1 comment:

  1. I like it! I think it turned out really well! It's good to change up your look every now and then. Looking forward to your next post! xx

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!