Tuesday, 11 August 2015

My Week On The Coast Of Yorkshire

I went to Scarborough, York, Bempton Cliffs, Filey, Bridlington and Primrose Valley. The beach was the same for all them: a long expanse of sand meeting a shallow tide of waves.

Panorama skills on point
It was good to spend a whole week being outdoors and active; that's not something I would usually do so it was nice to go and explore everything. I did some damage to my knees and feet though, aching whenever we came back to our caravan in Primrose Valley. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with my legs; I just haven't had a check on them.

The views I took in, though, were impeccable. I tried my best to capture them through photos but I'm no photographer and I used my phone.


The actual caravan park had a huge host of ducks and the maps and signs suggested that there are otters too but I never got to see one... 

The weather whilst we were there was OK. It didn't rain much but, being the coast, it was pretty windy and cold even when the sun was out.


The first place we went to was Filey beach. The first day we went, it was cloudy. My brother seized the opportunity of the fact that the beach was near empty and wrote out his Instagram and Snapchat usernames on the beach; the idea worked and he gained more followers but I'm not going to give him the opportunity to have more by posting the photos I took of them here. 


The second day was much better and I sculpted out a fish in the sand. That was pretty much all I did that's worth mentioning.

York Minster
We also went away from the coast for the day, travelling to York and exploring what was around there. I liked how it was very local with most of the stores on the high street being small village shops. Those are always good to venture into. I couldn't really do that as much as I would have liked, though, since the places I like aren't exactly places which would interest the rest of my family; we walked past two vintage stores before I saw a book store - a charity shop called Books For Amnesty - that I could quickly run into whilst my family was in a different store. I ended up buying two books since they were so cheap: "Criminal" and "Skin Privilege" by Karin Slaughter.

Bridlington
The last place that we went to that I actually liked quite a bit was Scarborough castle. The view from the hill it is on was gorgeous, I could see little bits of everything from there and the coast looked really nice from high up.





There was also a cat there. I guessed it was a wild one which just happens to live here and probably helps to control the amount of mice and other small creatures around so visitors don't get scared. It doesn't mind people; my brother and I went near it and it lied down in front of us. 

On the subject of animals, we also had a duck follow us briefly at the lake at the caravan park.


That's all for now. Stay beautiful x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!